How to send us your artwork by Jacqueline Brewer
At Premier Labels we want to ensure you get the best of service in creating your perfect label. We have put together a guide on the best way for you to send us your artwork. We will accept multiple formats for your convenience. Please see below to find out what suits you best.
Print Ready Files
- PDF files with 3mm bleed and crop marks are the preferred file format
- Files not supplied as a print ready PDF may incur a fee
- CMYK Process or Spot only. Please do not use more colours than quoted/specified
- Please delete all unused swatches
- Please do not supply RGB artworks as RGB profiles may print with unexpected results
- Image resolution should be 300 dpi (or higher) for print. Images saved from the web at 72 dpi should not be used as they are unsuitable for print.
Bleed: bleed is extra space around the outside of the printed area. If images or background colour goes off the edge of your page, you must ensure you extend the background image or colour by 3mm all round the page. The bleed area will be trimmed off once printed, if unsure please call or email.
Adobe InDesign File Specifications
- File must be packaged with all links and fonts
- Packaged InDesign files must be supplied with an IDML file
- To save an IDML file: Indesign > File > Export > Format: IDML > Save
Adobe Illustrator File Specifications (Premier Labels currently uses Illustrator CS6)
- Files should be saved as EPS, PDF or AI files with fonts outlined
- All links and fonts must be embedded or supplied
- Files such as logo designs that are not to be edited should also be converted to outlines as a safety measure
- Text that may require editing should be converted to outlines
Adobe Photoshop File Specifications
- Include editable layers in file
- At least 5mm safety area is required unless you have included 3mm bleed
- 300 dpi (or higher)
All Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Publisher files should be exported to PDF for printing. Native files are accepted but must be carefully proofed and approved prior to printing. To skip a further proofing/approval step and speed up the printing process please export your Microsoft files as a PDF file. Other file types:
- EPS and AI files are accepted - see notes on Adobe Illustrator above
- JPG, GIF and PNG are not suitable for print but if nothing else is available we may be able to work with your file. Please contact us to check your files
- If 4 colour, make sure all colours are CMYK and not RGB
- Convert all fonts to curve, then publish to PDF
At Premier Labels we appreciate that every job is different
As a general rule, specialty print such as dielines, spot UV, embossing and foil should be set up in a seperate spot colour that is not already being used in print and set to overprint. If unsure, contact our pre-press department for information on how to supply artwork for:
- Spot UV
- Round corners
- Foil stamping
- Clear ink varnish (digital) or clear material
- Spot varnish
- Storage devices - we accept files on CD, DVD and USB flash drives. We accept hard drives and digital cameras but please bring your cable with you
- Email - files up to 10MB can be safely emailed
For files larger than 10MB please use a cloud-based file transfer service like Dropbox, WeTransfer or Hightail (formerly YouSendIt). Basic accounts for both are free of charge. Dropbox is free to send up to 2GB and Hightail is free to send up to 250MB.
If you have pre-press or design questions or are unsure about any file, please contact our Studio Manager Jacqui prior to order. Email email@example.com or call 0141 945 4443. Premier Labels will proof back all artwork and design on our specification sheets, please check carefully before approving to proceed.
Premier Labels cannot accept responsibility for print errors or late deliveries where artwork has been supplied incorrectly.